List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I refresh a folder?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-22 20:22:51

On Sunday 22 December 2002 18:26, Kyler Laird wrote:
> O.k., I'm finally getting KMail 1.4.3 set up to be usable in my
> configuration.  The last piece of the puzzle seems to be getting new
> mail to show up in the inbox (and other folders) without exiting
> KMail and restarting.
>
> Is there a way to have KMail automatically notice new mail in maildir
> folders?  Is there a manual or semi-manual (signal?) way to do it?

No. KMail currently doesn't notice new messages that are added directly
to its folders. It might even be confused by this and this might cause
undesired results.

The way to do this is to let KMail fetch the mail from the local mail
spool. You should probably read what the FAQ (which is part of the
KMail Handbook) says about procmail and KMail if you want to prefilter
your mail with procmail.

Regards,
Ingo