List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Knode-devel] KNode development status
From:       Roberto Selbach Teixeira <maragato () conectiva ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 18:10:27

On Friday 29 November 2002 14:05, Christian Gebauer wrote:
> > I had some other things I was willing to do listed on feature plan for
> > 3.2. From dev...k.o:
> >
> > * Make the server list and article list two separate widgets
>
> I don't understand what you mean with this entry, could please explain
> it to me?

Just to allow more flexibily in the future.

No too long ago Carsten created a new tree widget for Kmail's folder list and
Knode's server/group list and there was some incompatibilities between
Carsten's tree and our article list usage. Since we used the same widget
(KNListView IIRC) I had to turn off some features from his tree to be used
for articles. (Damned English! Am I expressing myself clearly here?)

> What do you think is a realistic goal for 3.2? I think one possiblity would
> be to build a unified article/mail viewer component.

The viewer should be relatively easy indeed. Perhaps even the composer might
be unified with some kind of dynamic fields differing from Knode to Kmail. It
might be possible.

> And you could start to work on the gui changes you planned and eventually
> investigate the case of a unified viewer widget.
> What do you think?

Makes sense. That's the way to go.

> I would like to discuss we changes we do on knode-devel, this way we can
> also "dynamically" decide if I should help you with certain gui-changes and
> vice versa.

Sure, let's activate this list once again (it was becoming just a repository
for bug reports :)

cheers,
	Roberto.

--
Roberto Selbach Teixeira

  "Debian é sem dúvida a melhor distro GNU/Linux
   porque eles usam o GNU Hurd!"
             - Um confuso usuário Debian