List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: What I almost did.
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2002-09-11 17:58:07

Don,

I'm just a happy user of kmail, but I read a lot of these emails discussing
your point regarding maintainership of kmail.

I think I really understand your feelings regarding your baby, kmail - I also
have coded a lot and I know what this means.

I also definitely want to have a wonderful, great set of KDE apps, to help
LINUX to be a true competitor on the desktop market,
but with your current behaviour, you really destroy more than you help - and
everything only because a set of kmail developers told you to wait a few
weeks until you commit a patch.

And now, starting to build your "new, better, cooler" kmail again destroys
more than it helps - don't you see this?

Implement whatever you want, I'm sure everyone will appreciate your changes,
but please just wait a few weeks until 3.1 is out, and don't act like a small
child.

Let's work together - not against each other!

--
Best Regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin