List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail usability with IMAP
From:       Alexander Gretencord <arutha () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-01 11:49:08

On Thursday 01 August 2002 08:13, Don Sanders wrote:
> Even caching messages is not what everyone wants, lots of people run
> IMAP servers on their home machines, and for them caching messages is
> pointless.

Well I don run an IMAP Server at home and can say that caching is even in that
environment very neccessary. I takes quite some time to load all the headers
in a folder with 500+ msgs (at least it took KMail quite some time when it
had no caching). Still I think it would be great to be able to disable the
caching. We have 20MB quota at university and mail and browser caches can get
quite big so I have to disable/delete that regularly.

Alex