List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail usability with IMAP
From:       Unai Garro <Unai.Garro () ee ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-08-01 12:29:09

>Even caching messages is not what everyone wants, lots of people run
>IMAP servers on their home machines, and for them caching messages is
>pointless.

An average home user doesn't even know what message caching is. They just
notice e-mails are not there when they disconnect the modem. And what they
think is "this doesn't work". How can they run an imap server to do so? I
don't think the idea of kmail is being only designed for the "average
programmer".

By the way Don: (in case you read this), I didn't find Rob's position such a
rude one. I just found that he offered himself to do what nobody else seemed
to care about. (that's the impression I got from some previous e-mails,
refusing to have any new features in kmail)

I know it might be not a good idea to say "I'm going to implement that or
that" and announce it, but it might be a good idea in the other hand, to
decide what changes should be done so that two people don't start to do the
same thing on their own, just because somebody else refused to include it.