List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Displays of Attachments
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-30 2:15:20

On Monday 29 April 2002 20:17, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 29 April 2002 18:12, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> > Am Montag, 29. April 2002 15:07 schrieb Jan-Oliver Wagner:
> > > It has to be discussed whether the mime tree viewer is cool in
> > > general (independent from S/MIME and OpenPGP). If people think it
> > > is helpful, then it should be there by default.
> > >

> > > My personal opinion is that the mime structure view is cool for
> > > S/MIME, OpenPGP and also emails without cryptography.
> > > It helps to understand MIME-Mails.
> >
> > I don't think it's helpful for emails in _general_. I've disabled it
> > for example because I need the space and don't use S/MIME at the
> > moment.
>
> I've also disabled it. Apart from Stephan's proposal to only show it
> when necessary, i.e. if the message has attachments, it would IMO be a
> good idea to add a toolbar button for easy enabling/disabling of the
> mime tree viewer.

Hi,

having added a "when necessary" option to the Layout config (I called
it "Smart") and having made the 2nd Layout the default one I would like
to ask you for taking over: please add/change/improve everything what
you think is reasonable - my job IMHO is done now and I will go back
to fixing bugs (waiting both in KDE and our internal tracker).

Obviously these layout questions can't afford spending more time on this.

Cheers,

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>