List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Help with IMAP Support?
From:       Frans de Wet <Frans () de-Wet ! com>
Date:       2002-04-01 22:48:32

> No, works well here on for example UW-IMAP. What exactely does not work?
>
> You should get a dialog that asks you if you want to have a folder that can
> contain subfolders or a folder that can contain mails if you try to create
> a new folder on a server like UW-IMAP that doesn't support folders that
> contain both.

Ok, great ... then it means I am doing something wrong.  I am running UW-IMAP
and I do not get that dialog you are talking about.  I am glad it is
supported, I must just find a way of getting it to work.  I will check into
it, but the dialog I am getting does not prompt me whether I want a create a
folder that can contain subfolders or not.  Subsequently it fails when I try
to create subfolders in a folder I already created.  I am running the HEAD
version of KMail.

> The problem is that some folders like sent-mail, outbox and drafts are
> always required and transfer to an IMAP folder can always fail for example
> due to the server suddenly being down.
>
> If we one day support disconnected mode with offline syncronisation, this
> problem should be easily solvable.

Is anyone working on this ?

> You just have to write a dialog that actually allows to subscribe and
> unsubscribe. Only displaying the subscribed folders is already supported,
> you just can't edit the subscription list yet with KMail.

Should I do this or is someone else already busy with it ?

> > P.S.  On another note ... I want to be able to use LDAP for my address
> > book. Now, I know this hits on many other things ... but perhaps someone
> > has some ideas on how I can make this happen.  You see, I want to remove
> > my tie to a single machine.
>
> Check out the AEGYPTEN_BRANCH from kdebase/kaddressbook in CVS.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Thanks for all the info,
Frans de Wet