List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: $%^#%&^@%&@%
From:       Johannes Liedtke <lists () liedtkeweb ! de>
Date:       2002-02-03 20:09:40

On Sunday 03 February 2002 20:37, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2002 16:46:16, Johannes Liedtke wrote:
> > This really seems to be a great idea. Having just lost a huge kmailrc, I
> > would've really appreciated it to having only lost some settings and not
> > the complete filter set along with everything else... :(
>
> And why should be the chance to loose the ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail directory
> be lower than the chance to loose ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc?

I think the chance of loosing a whole folder due to a system lockup is a lot
smaller... and the chance that a filter file is just being written when I try
to logoff from KDE is way smaller than a general config file like kmailrc
(just a wild guess here... is kmailrc written when I close kmail?)

Nonetheless, if not the whole kmail-folder is corrupted chances are really
small that the whole set of files gets damaged during a crash... so I might
loose part of my configuration, but not all of it...

Hansen