List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request?
From:       Carsten Burghardt <cb () magic-shop ! de>
Date:       2002-01-24 7:15:26

On Thursday 24 January 2002 04:39, JW wrote:
> Dude! That would be _really_ good. I hope that you'll separate the voting
> and the money (after all, if people are gong to pay, they aren't gambling,
> they are paying - and so desire at least some sort of assurance that the
> feature they pay for will at least be worked on *some day*. That of course
> doesn't mean that the amount they pay might alter when *some day * is :-) )
> I sure hope you actually do that.

The basic idea of voting is good, but you have to asure that everybody can
vote only once (register, cookie, ...).
But I don't like the idea to let people pay for a feature:
- to be honest, nobody will pay for it
- if a company really needs a feature _and_ wants to use Opensource they can
give the job to anyone that works in the company
- who will get the money? who will implement it?
- do you really want to work on a feature of an Opensource-software because
you get payed and not because you want it?

Regards,

Carsten
--
Carsten Burghardt