List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Request for comments: New address book API
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-19 0:09:46

> Well, it might solve my problem. But then please remove
> the possibility to enter multiple email address for one
> address book entry.

Rather than removing support we could allow the user to name
each email address created for an address book entry.

Then the create distribution list dialog would show a
seperate entry for each email address (eg "Don Sanders
<sanders@kde.org> (KDE), Don Sanders <don@sanders.org>
(Personal)". The bracketed part would only be shown where
appropriate.

A little more work would be required to ensure that this
extra power doesn't make life more difficult for the
default case of each entry having a single email address.

But this is not important, once basic distribution list
support is done there are more important things to work on.

Don.