List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] klikruntime and qt4
From:       Lionel Tricon <lionel.tricon () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-09-06 18:32:03

Hello,

Some news about klikruntime and qt4 since it appears that this association is
for the moment not well supported by klikruntime.

My approach was to test a lot of qt4 examples (the ones available from
trolltech) under klikruntime to see what happens. As a result, i found two
dirty bugs which were affecting successively getcwd() and readlink() from
fakechroot and causes strange behaviour. I take advantage of that to change
the code in order to prevent a klik application to go into the /tmp/app
directory (that could cause an application to hang and to loop indefinitely).

Almost all the examples (i tested dialogs, desktop, wml, widgets and network)
are working great except about two aspects :
- when you try to save or to open a file, the application crash (free():
invalid next size etc ...) : the file dialog pop up but crash just after
- when qt4 try to load its plugins (/usr/lib/qt4/plugins), the application
crash in the same manner (i needed to hide them from the klik applications to
be able to run them)

I will investigate as soon as possible (i am very busy at this moment, sorry)
but i am not very worried ; since it works with qt3, no doubt that we will
able to run it under qt4 as well.

Feel free to contact me if you have a suggestion on how i can investigate the
origine of the crash (i suspect a bad implementation into fakechroot).

Lionel