List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] LinuxAppFinder & klik
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-09-03 16:37:06

Once we are sure that 'klik2' is "good enough for broad public consump-
tion, we may want to contact the LinuxAppFinder guys and ask if they
include "klik://...." links to applications. (

See for example what they do right now:

    http://linuxappfinder.com/package/picasa

I guess, LinuxAppFinder will become rather popular in the coming period.

However, should the admins of LinuxAppFinder themselves take the ini-
tiative, and put klik://... links into their pages, we should probably
caution them, and ask them to do it not for each and every application,
but only the ones which we know to work for 99% of users, and only for
the specific distro. (Maybe add a different link for "other distros",
with the warning "it may not work for other distros"?).

Otherwise (if they do not do it on their own), we should ask them to
do it for these apps that are listed in "Milestone 2" [or 3?] -- and
*after* we passed Milestone 2 [or 3?].

   http://code.google.com/p/klikclient/wiki/PreliminaryRoadmap

--
Kurt Pfeifle