List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] Translation of PyKDE script to KJS
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-28 19:18:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Thursday 28 April 2005 01:20 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Thursday 28 of April 2005 10:13, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 April 2005 03:41 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am a total newbie in KJS world so forgive me please if the
> > > question is totally stupid (I really tried to find all
> > > necessary information, but I got lost).
> > >
> > > I have created a small dialog in Qt Designer and Python and
> > > I would love to translate it into KJS (I hope it would be at
> > > least slightly faster -- Python script takes at least five
> > > seconds to start, and that is too slow for me; I cannot
> > > write C++ and I would rather maintain script). I tried to
> > > create KJS version (see attached), but this end doesn't work
> > > (there doesn't seem to be sort() method for listBox1) and
> > > even when the dialog is shown it is dead (now method seems
> > > to do anything, although all connections are defined in .ui
> > > file):
> > >
> > > 	ui.child("listBox1").sort();
> >
> > 	ui.listBox1.sort();
>
> Well, it doesn't seem to work for me (KJSCmd: 0.3, KDE: 3.3.2,
> Qt: 3.3.4).

Let me look here, i have been working on head for so long its all a blur :(

I have attached the update from here.

> > One current limitation of KJSEmbed is that we cannot connect
> > signal/slot connections from a UI file.  So you have to
> > manually do a connect() in the javascript.
>
> Oh boy, I haven't managed to understand intricacies of connect().
> I tried the attached, but not luck (as seen in attached *.log
> file). I got totally lost in references, self-references, and
> childs. Can you help, please?

> BTW, what are all those other WARNINGs kjscmd produces?
my incompetence

> > As for startup time KJSEmbed is chained by Qt/KDE libs for
> > startup, so you may get nailed there.  I am trying very hard
> > in KJSEmbed for Qt4 to streamline this.
>
> Well, I would love to at least be able to try it ... :-). On the
> other hand, when running from already KDE, then all these should
> present, shouldn't they?
This is more of a long term vision for KDE 4.  I have started trying to
identify the things I hate about the current KJSEmbed and how I can make them
better.  I will be posting a list later this week for others to review.

I will also have snapshots out probably in the next few weeks.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

["categorySet.js" (application/x-javascript)]