List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] Translation of PyKDE script to KJS
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <ian () geiseri ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 11:10:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 28 April 2005 22:37, you wrote:
> On Thursday 28 of April 2005 15:18, you wrote:
> > Let me look here, i have been working on head for so long its
> > all a blur :(
> >
> > I have attached the update from here.
>
> Well, at least, I get the dialog shown, but it is still not that
> useful:
>
> 1) when pressing enter in listBox1:
> QObject::connect: No such signal QListBox::returnPressed()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'listBox1')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'pushButton_OK')
> QObject::connect: No such signal QListBox::returnPressed()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'listBox1')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'slot_proxy')
> 2) when pressing OK button:
> kjsembed: WARNING: Exception in slot function 'Quit',
> 3) when removing an element:
> no response, but whole script dies immediately

This is odd... maybe something is different between your UI and the one I was
using.

> > > BTW, what are all those other WARNINGs kjscmd produces?
> >
> > my incompetence
>
> Then I would love to be at least so incompetent as you are :-) No
> seriously, is any of them something I should be concerned with?
These can be ignored, I removed tons of them in KDE 3.4

> > This is more of a long term vision for KDE 4.  I have started
> > trying to identify the things I hate about the current
> > KJSEmbed and how I can make them better.  I will be posting a
> > list later this week for others to review.
>
> May I add one of my own -- improve the power of introspection?
> Something similar to Python's dir(). I found out
> about .properties(), but I am
> missing .methods(), .slots(), .connections(), .signals(). When
> the documentation is obsolete and Qt is constantly changing, it
> would be nice to have at least some level of certainty what is
> actually available in any given moment.

This ironicly is in the KDE 3.4 version.  In the 3.3 version you can use the
command "kjscmd --exec" to get a console.  Then use the "dump()" method to
get HTML docs for the global object, and "dump(object)" to get the docs for
an object.

In 3.4 we have an HTML doc viewer that allows you do browse all of the
currently available objects and methods, as well as link them to the KDE/Qt
documentation.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser
--
=======+<KWeather for KDE 3.2>+=+<http://www.kde.org>+===
 Report for Philadelphia, Northeast Philadelphia Airport