List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] Translation of PyKDE script to KJS
From:       Matej Cepl <cepl () surfbest ! net>
Date:       2005-04-28 17:20:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Thursday 28 of April 2005 10:13, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 03:41 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am a total newbie in KJS world so forgive me please if the
> > question is totally stupid (I really tried to find all
> > necessary information, but I got lost).
> >
> > I have created a small dialog in Qt Designer and Python and
> > I would love to translate it into KJS (I hope it would be at
> > least slightly faster -- Python script takes at least five
> > seconds to start, and that is too slow for me; I cannot
> > write C++ and I would rather maintain script). I tried to
> > create KJS version (see attached), but this end doesn't work
> > (there doesn't seem to be sort() method for listBox1) and
> > even when the dialog is shown it is dead (now method seems
> > to do anything, although all connections are defined in .ui
> > file):
> >
> > 	ui.child("listBox1").sort();
>
> 	ui.listBox1.sort();

Well, it doesn't seem to work for me (KJSCmd: 0.3, KDE: 3.3.2,
Qt: 3.3.4).

> One current limitation of KJSEmbed is that we cannot connect
> signal/slot connections from a UI file.  So you have to
> manually do a connect() in the javascript.

Oh boy, I haven't managed to understand intricacies of connect().
I tried the attached, but not luck (as seen in attached *.log
file). I got totally lost in references, self-references, and
childs. Can you help, please?

BTW, what are all those other WARNINGs kjscmd produces?

> As for startup time KJSEmbed is chained by Qt/KDE libs for
> startup, so you may get nailed there.  I am trying very hard
> in KJSEmbed for Qt4 to streamline this.

Well, I would love to at least be able to try it ... :-). On the
other hand, when running from already KDE, then all these should
present, shouldn't they?

Thanks for reply,

Matěj

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat

["KDE-dialog.tar.gz" (application/x-tgz)]