List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror rendering bugs
From:       "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-30 8:18:04

I tried to subscribe to the list, it does not let me in! :( :(
I even sent an email to the list, but it will probably won't go through.
This is the second time I am trying..

For the BORDERCOLOR* stuff, there are actually 3 different tags for it. The
BORDERCOLOR, the BORDERCOLORLIGHT and BORDERCOLORDARK. The light one is a
shade of the color specified and it displays in the top of the table's
border, while the dark one is rendering the color specified and it displays
at the bottom of the table's cell.
These 3 tags together, they create a very nice effect, they make the table
look like is 3D-ish, without the use of any images or CSS, just plain HTML.
To see what I mean, (I know that I can't completely describe it with words)
please check my website with IE4+ and zoom in the tables if necessary.

As for the interview, please decided among you who will be able to answer
7-8 questions for www.OSNews.com and please let me know before the end of
the week. :)

Thanks,
Eugenia

.

> > Hello,
> > I would like to report one rendering bug and a feature request. One is
>table
> > related and the other List views related.
>
>please use kfm-devel@kde.org next time ;-)

> > 2. As you can see in the http://www.osnews.com/index.php the border
>color is
> > white, which is not what was indented to be. The border should have been
> > black with white edges. You are supporting the IE-specific BORDERCOLOR
>but
> > you are not supporting BORDERCOLORLIGHT. Please do if possible... :)

>I didn't know about these extensions, yes sounds reasonable to implement.
>Its not specified in CSS to have two border colors, so it needs a few bits
>more to add support. still, its IMHO important enough.
>
>Note that you should get the same effect without using any extensions, I
>think the default (or color = black/white? can't remember) should behave
>like that already. This way its even compatible with Netscape then ;-)

> > Also, can I ask an interview for OSNews.com regarding the Konqueror
>project
> > with the project leaders?
>
>Sure. I'm just not sure who the project leaders are.. ;-)

Please decide among you who would be able to answer 6-7 questions for
OSNews?

Thanks,
Eugenia

---