List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-03 22:43:57

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 01:44, you wrote:

> On Monday 02 July 2001 08:55 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here is a link to a first run patch (rather large to post here) that
> > attempts to port kio_http to use TCPSlaveBase:
>
> Haven't tried it yet but it looks good. Do you think you can try to make a
> "minimal" patch? E.g. you move some functions around and rearrange some
> indentation at places and that makes it harder than necassery to review the
> actual changes. Once the functional changes are in place you can always do
> some cleanup in a seperate patch.

Hi,

I have gone ahead and committed the tcpslavebase portion of the patch since it
does not change any behavior and thus should not break any existing io-slave
that inherits from it.  Anyways, since George is going to be working on this as
well this is the only solution to avoid major merging conflicts for me as well :)
Once the SSL issues are worked out as well,  we can worry about the HTTP
changes.

BTW, Waldo is there any way we can move some of these config initializations
from kio_http ?  For example the language settings, whether we should use the
cookiejar etc seem to me to be things that we can move into the SessionData
class I created for password caching or back out to the application level.  This
should make the instantiation of kio_http io-slave a bit more faster :)  We also
need that limitation on the number of io-slaves that can connect to a given site
at a time.  Is there anyway we can have this for 2.2 since it definitely have
impact on performace (http and as David recently pointed out for tar io-slave as
well) ?

Regards,
Dawit A.