List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: A more flexible solution for internet keywords
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       2001-06-12 21:45:19

> > > Look at the answer to Yves' mail.
> > > I'd like to keep '\' for the reasons of simplicity for
> the implementation
> > > and the user.
> > > The compatibility mode (treat \1 as \0, when \1 is the
> only reference in
> > > the query) works really good as well as the more advanced features
> > > (name=Myname with the refernece \name in the query).

I'm happy that everything works (I'll do a CVS update and apply your patch
as soon as possible). Since you can use

	\1

as well as

	\name

I would like again to suggest that you make the latter something lime
\{name}, or at least accept that. This will make it less error-prone for
people to edit the templates by having clear separators. It will also make
let one use \{name} in the middle of something else, as in xx\{name}yy,
making your change more powerful.

YA

PS: and I'd also suggest not using ikw as a prefix for ikw_charset since
this refers to the charset of the Web shortcut. OTOH, ikw_fallbackuri is
definitely an IKW feature; let me know if you need help understanding the
way this works as you said..