List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: A more flexible solution for internet keywords
From:       Andreas Hochsteger <e9625392 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-06-13 6:39:44

Hi Yves!

Thank you for testing.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> > the implementation
> > only reference in
>
> I'm happy that everything works (I'll do a CVS update and apply your patch
> as soon as possible). Since you can use

I just found a problem with the internet keywords.
If you just enter some keywords in the address bar without the prefix
'<shortcut>:' then the internet keyword engine should look for these keys
(realnames). Therefore a fallback URI is passed with the query as
arguments. These arguments don't get passed correctly and the fallback
search fails.

I made some modifications but didn't really sort out that problem.
The best I could get was a correct fallback uri, but then konqueror asks
if I want to download and save resolver.dll from navigation.realnames.com.

Here's an example:
I enter "keyword1 keyword2" into the address bar, which gets substituted
by the following link:
http://navigation.realnames.com/resolver.dll?action=navigation&realname=keyword1%20key \
word2&charset=iso-8859-1&providerid=180&fallbackuri=http%3A//www.google.com/search%3Fq%3Dkeyword1%20keyword2
 Can you have a look at this URL, if there's a mistake somewhere?
Try to put it into your konqueror. Does it bring you up a download dialog
too?
If so, and if the URL is correct, perhaps there is somwhere another
mistake in konqueror.

> 	\1
>
> as well as
>
> 	\name
>
> I would like again to suggest that you make the latter something lime
> \{name}, or at least accept that. This will make it less error-prone for
> people to edit the templates by having clear separators. It will also make
> let one use \{name} in the middle of something else, as in xx\{name}yy,
> making your change more powerful.

Yes, that's true. I didn't think of the use between normal characters.
This makes it really more powerful.
I'll implement it as soon as I've got a little more time this week.

> YA
>
> PS: and I'd also suggest not using ikw as a prefix for ikw_charset since
> this refers to the charset of the Web shortcut. OTOH, ikw_fallbackuri is
> definitely an IKW feature; let me know if you need help understanding the
> way this works as you said..

What do you think of the following names:
ikw ... Internet KeyWord
wsc ... Web ShortCut

\ikw_fallbackuri
\wsc_charset
\wsc_responsecharset

But doesn't resolver.dll from realnames.com have to do with the internet
shortcuts? That's where the charset and the responsecharset are used...

If it's delayed to after 2.2beta1, perhaps it's time to review the whole
code and change all identifiers to correct and speaking names?

I'd volunteer to do so, but I'd need some assistance to do it right.
Could you provide me an overview about how all this works together?

Thanks,
	Andreas