List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: FWD: RE: FWD: A question about konqueror
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-27 19:53:06

On Saturday 26 May 2001 17:17, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> he did reply, unfortunately just to me alone (I guess that was an accident,
> but I won't simply forward it here without knowing his intentions. The
> problem is, he said he won't be able to read mails until Sunday, so this
> will have to wait a bit).

Yes I did _reply_, I always assume people send to the mailinglist, and cc to
other people :) Well, I will pay more attention next time.

> He said, there's nothing concrete yet, and he's also a bit hesitant to
> design the sidebar himself and would appreciate some help on that. He also
> proposed an irc meeting where you can discuss all the issues. I'll jump in
> as soon as I have some time in the next days.

Yes we definitely should have a talk about it. I printed some code from
kate's pluginmanager and the klibloader/factory classes to see how the
pluginloading should done, it doesn't seem too difficult.

> :) Ok, do you have some ideas what sort of plugins you want to create?
> : Might

I do :

- preview plugin (for directories, musicfiles, pictures, pdf's etc)
- notes plugin for directories
- search plugin (web, local files)
- news headlines (sort of newsticker)
- current dirtree stuff
- etc

Not that I want to create all those, these are just some of the things I
think would be useful to have as a plugin in this to-be-sidebar.

Jelmer Feenstra