On Saturday 26 May 2001 17:17, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > he did reply, unfortunately just to me alone (I guess that was an accident, > but I won't simply forward it here without knowing his intentions. The > problem is, he said he won't be able to read mails until Sunday, so this > will have to wait a bit). Yes I did _reply_, I always assume people send to the mailinglist, and cc to other people :) Well, I will pay more attention next time. > He said, there's nothing concrete yet, and he's also a bit hesitant to > design the sidebar himself and would appreciate some help on that. He also > proposed an irc meeting where you can discuss all the issues. I'll jump in > as soon as I have some time in the next days. Yes we definitely should have a talk about it. I printed some code from kate's pluginmanager and the klibloader/factory classes to see how the pluginloading should done, it doesn't seem too difficult. > :) Ok, do you have some ideas what sort of plugins you want to create? > : Might I do : - preview plugin (for directories, musicfiles, pictures, pdf's etc) - notes plugin for directories - search plugin (web, local files) - news headlines (sort of newsticker) - current dirtree stuff - etc Not that I want to create all those, these are just some of the things I think would be useful to have as a plugin in this to-be-sidebar. Jelmer Feenstra