List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues with KJS
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-14 12:08:20

On Monday 14 May 2001 14:58, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2001 14:54, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> > > When closing the window ?
> >
> > no on startup
> >
> > > I got the crash once but after adding debug output I can't reproduce it.
> > >
> > > Ah, got it again.
> > >
> > > Ok, I see what happens. The Window object isn't removed from the dict
> > > because its part object is nil (due to qguardedptr) :
> >
> > ahhh
> >
> > > konqueror: Window::~Window this=0x85e0ef8 part=(nil)
> > >
> > > So later on, we try to mark that Window and it crashes.
> >
> > k, understood
> >
> > > We need to remove from the dict based on the Window pointer, i.e. the
> > > data. I can't find a method for that in QPtrDict... Hmm, will iterate
> > > then.
> >
> > hmm, did you already commit?
> >
> just checked, works with latest CVS

No it doesn't, and I haven't committed yet :)

Note that you need to click a link (say, Download), and THEN close the window -> crash.

I have to go for a QMap becuase with QDict you need the key to remove
an entry (whereas QMap can remove from an iterator). Patch coming up as
soon as it doesn't crash anymore ;-)