List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Using Konqueror in Kiosk mode]
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-14 12:09:31

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 02:00:06PM +0200, Michael Reiher wrote:
> I don`t think we can do this already, can we?

Partially.

> 	But, for this use, we need to start the app in full screen mode and
> with the right mouse click disabled. If you know that this is possible,
> please let me know!!, I can arrange some support for your work (maybe not
> too much), but will help all the GNU development.

You can remove all toolbars with DCOP or by tweaking konquerorrc
You can go fullscreen with DCOP as well

dcop konqueror '' getWindows
dcop konqueror konqueror-mainwindow#1/action/fullscreen activate

(use konqueror-PID in case there are multiple ones running)

Disabling the right mouse is not yet possible, most kiosks don't have a
mouse do they? :-)

I am also investigating a way to make sure Konqueror never opens a new
window (always using the same view) or a Opera like window-taskbar within
Konqueror itself.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest