List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror cache/off line browsing
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-03-23 17:26:18

Waldo Bastian wrote:

<snip>
> Yes, you're right :-)
>
> I think it shouldnn't be too hard. When we have a page in cache we try to
> verify it with the webserver. (We didn't do this in the time of kfm) If we
> can't connect during this verification phase, we should treat the
> verification as successfull and add a warning.
>
> Will fix.
<snip>

The problem with this is that it would fire up dial-on-demand
connections just to see that the page hasn't changed. Netscape - as you
will know - has the "[...]cache compared to [...] network" options
"never", "once per session" and "everytime". Konqueror thus seems to
implement the last one only. I guess that at least the second one should
be implemented, too. Configurable, of course.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)