List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror cache/off line browsing
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-22 19:55:30

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 13:16, Francois-Xavier Duranceau wrote:
> Hi Carsten and Waldo,
>
> I think you will be able to answer my question. While konqueror cache
> seems very efficient while browing online konqy is unable to load web
> pages once you're offline. I mean you can go back/forward through the
> pages but you can't reload them in a new konqy window. IIRC kfm was
> working much better once you're disconnected. opinions?

Yes, you're right :-)

I think it shouldnn't be too hard. When we have a page in cache we try to
verify it with the webserver. (We didn't do this in the time of kfm) If we
can't connect during this verification phase, we should treat the
verification as successfull and add a warning.

Will fix.

Cheers,
Waldo
--