List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-16 20:58:39

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> That would require quite some hacks and I would not want to do something
> like that before KDE-2

Oh shit. I keep forgetting that the whole history is saved as a stream. That
sort of sucks. Otherwise it would be a matter of clearing the stringlist and
you would be done. This stringlist wouldn't need to be saved then either.

Maybe instead of storing the actual document contents in the stream it would
be better to store an cache-id in the stream and have a seperate object take
care of looking up cache-ids and returning content.

That would allow to store the cached information in other places than memory
as well and it would allow to expire cache-entries independent from the
history.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, if you need solutions instead of hype.