List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: assert(executingScript) in HTMLTokenizer
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-16 20:40:06

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Harri Porten wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I just looked at
>
> http://bugs.kde.org//db/83/8302.html
>
> and stripped it down to

> 	<form name="IntraNet" action="abc" method="post">
> 	</form>
> 	<script>
> 	document.IntraNet.submit();
> 	</script>
>
> This triggers assert(executingScript == false); in
> KHTMLTokenizer::reset() Waldo put in. It surely is there for a reason
> but what's the proper fix ? reset() is being called in
> ~KHTMLTokenizer(). Can anyone (Waldo? Peter?) shed light on this issue ?

I can explain what the assert is doing there:

JavaScript is called from the tokenzier, and then the javascript calls the
tokenizer to do something else (which causes reset to be called). That's a
no-go, because by the time the javascript is finished, the tokenizer wants to
continue doing what it was doing (e.g. parsing the </body> tag) If someone
else has reset or (worse) deleted the tokenizer in the meantime, bad things
will happen.

So the assert is there to catch a problem with javascript doing something
that it shouldn't do :-]

Please post the rest of the backtrace to see what it tries to do.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, if you need solutions instead of hype.