List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy listview configurability
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-03-20 16:30:24

David Faure wrote:

> > Where do you intend to display that? Should this be a configuration
> > module then? Or should it pop up on RMB click on the column
> > headings?
> I'd say a separate dialog, both from menu and from RMB on headings
> (good idea).
>
> > Or embedded into the submenu?
> ;-))) KDE people, the ones that embed anything into anything ;-)))
Hehe:) No, I just remembered that I read once that itīs possible to
embed any kind of widget into popup menus.

> > Another idea would be something like the Netscape mailer does. Two
> > little arrows right to the column headings where you can move items in
> > and out.
> Hmm, just tried. Not intuitive at all (looks like a scrollbar but it's not),
> nor very convenient ! (if you want the last field) ;-)
Come on, how many fields are there? ;-) Move them all in, drag the last
one where you want it, move the rest that you donīt want out again. Itīs
a matter of a few clicks. Itīs not that bad IMHO.

> > But that wouldnīt help us if we want to support the
> > displaying of other fields in the IconView as well. Thereīs no column
> header.
>
> Huh ??? What you say makes no sense ! The iconview doesn't show
> any fields (besides the name) !!! ;-)))
No it doesnīt right now. But it could:) I mean, why not? Only the name
by default of course.

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"