List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: konqy listview configurability
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-03-20 16:41:23

> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > Where do you intend to display that? Should this be a
> configuration
> > > module then? Or should it pop up on RMB click on the column
> > > headings?
> > I'd say a separate dialog, both from menu and from RMB on headings
> > (good idea).
> >
> > > Or embedded into the submenu?
> > ;-))) KDE people, the ones that embed anything into anything ;-)))
> Hehe:) No, I just remembered that I read once that itīs possible to
> embed any kind of widget into popup menus.

I'd love to see how that would look like ! ;-)

> > > Another idea would be something like the Netscape mailer does. Two
> > > little arrows right to the column headings where you can move items in
> > > and out.
> > Hmm, just tried. Not intuitive at all (looks like a scrollbar but it's
not),
> > nor very convenient ! (if you want the last field) ;-)
> Come on, how many fields are there? ;-) Move them all in,
> drag the last one where you want it, move the rest that you donīt want out

> again. Itīs a matter of a few clicks. Itīs not that bad IMHO.

Yes (but I'd never have found that feature if you hadn't tell me),
and the arrows work the other way round if you compare them
to a scrollbar (or more accurately, compare them with the kicker
arrows). You have to press the Left button if you want to see one more
field, i.e. the first one the _right_. kicker buttons work (obviously)
the other way round: you press Right to see the first one on the _right_
that you can't see.
But I like being able to move columns yes. QListView supports that, no ?
I guess it's just a matter of storing the position in a config file ?

> > > But that wouldnīt help us if we want to support the
> > > displaying of other fields in the IconView as well. Thereīs no column
> > header.
> >
> > Huh ??? What you say makes no sense ! The iconview doesn't show
> > any fields (besides the name) !!! ;-)))
> No it doesnīt right now. But it could:) I mean, why not? Only the name
> by default of course.
But where ??? ;-)
Appended to the name below the icon ? Hmm.

David.