List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: konqy listview configurability
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-03-20 13:58:16

> Maybe the point is:
>
> -your solution has no direct indication if something isn't
> supported or only hidden.
>
> -my solution has no indication if something isn't supported
> or only empty.

That's right.

> How about a special content telling "this is not supported" ?
> -> nothing suddenly appearing/disappearing and the user would
> exactly and directly know if it is supported or not.

Why not doing it this way (in the submenu listing the columns) :

- disabled menu item -> not supported
- unchecked menu item -> supported but hidden
- checked menu item -> supported and shown.

Using KProtocolManager::listing() will easily tell what is supported
for a given protocol, if we fix the .desktop files this way.

David.