List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Kfm and -geometry option
From:       Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez () free ! fr>
Date:       1999-10-21 8:08:31

> Yes, of course, since kfmclient is just a non-GUI client that talks
> to the running kfm. Giving -geometry to a non-GUI program can't work
:)

No, in fact, what I do is something like that:

kfm -geometry +10+10 &
kfmclient openURL 'file:/toto'

I have also checked that a basic Qt application (hello world) handle
correctly the '-geometry +10+10' option. Moreover, kfind or kvt
also do, but konsole or kfontmanager do not.
So, my conclusion is that there must be one or more lines in the
code of 'kfm' , 'kfontmanager' or 'kconsole' that disable the
default (and right) behaviour of the Qt lib.
So I am currently trying to find these lines in the kfm
code...

    Ludovic Drolez.