List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM & new koffice website
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-09-14 16:48:41

Dawit Alemayehu [adawit@earthlink.net] wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > Dawit Alemayehu [adawit@earthlink.net] wrote:
> > > Can you please try it with a current version of kfm to see if the
> > > problem still occurs.
> >
> > Yes, I realized after I sent this that with the pending 1.1.2 release I
> > needed to try the latest... hopefully I can tomorrow.
>
> Great.  Do you know what version you used to make the tests ? Just FYI you can
> get the version info from Help->About kfm ...

Heh heh... I'm not so dumb as that ;)  I just figured until I tried the
latest and greatest it didn't matter much.  Anyway, it happens in both
1.167 and 1.167.2.12.

I'll start downloading the new one tonight when I go to bed.

> > It's done using style= instead of just background= because background=
> > isn't a part of the HTML 4.0 spec for td tags, and the recent versions of
> > the browsers that support background= also support the style sheet method.
> > KFM doesn't do either (at least not in the versions I have, I'll check the
> > latest ASAP), so I chose the standard-compliant one.
>
> Don't bother.  The current KFM ( well actually the khtmlw library ) does
> not support either one.

Any idea when we'll see CSS in KFM?

> > > Ummm ... why does this sound familiar ?  Could you please try browsing the
> > > site after clearing the cache ...
> >
> > I know it still happens after I 'rm ~/.kde* ~/Desktop/ /tmp/k*' ... I
> > assume one of those includes the cache. (/tmp/kfm_$UID_cache/, isn't it?)
>
> Right the cache is in the /tmp folder.  Simply doing Options->Cache->Clear
> Cache should do the trick as well.

Yes... I was having problems with all of KDE going whacky after the
crashes, so I had made a test user and was just rm'ing all his KDE settings
and starting over each time while trying to debug the pages.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/