List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Configurable treeview in konqueror
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-09-15 0:52:02

This should of course go to the list. Reply-To sucks;)

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Hmm, wait, Dawit, I like your idea very much, this could eventually be a
> very smart solution for the view-follows-view issue in general:
> Why not have a sort of checkbox in the view-frame. When it is activated
> (checked), the view becomes a passive view.
>
> There can be multiple passive views, but only one active view (the active
> view is selected by the user via clicking on the view-frame, as it is
> indicated by the different color of the frame) .
But the active view would also have to be static, no?(see below)

> When opening an URL in a passive view (not matter what kind of view), the
> mainview automatically redirects the URL to the active view (as there can
> be only one) .
aeh?? But that would mean that you have to click on the passive view,
which would turn it into an active view at the same time? Did you mean
it how you wrote it?
And btw the redirection would have to work in both directions, as well.

> Uhm, I guess this is exactly what Michael proposed, right? (just with
> different namings : master=active, slave=passive) or?
You see how the circle closes:)
Well, almost at least. IMO you have to mark two things 1.
Master/Slave/None and 2. BiDir on/off for the slaves. But I already told
you.

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology