List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Kfm Tree vewi (fwd)
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-09-10 6:31:53

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 09 Sep 1999 17:29:01 -0400
From: Graham Todd <gtodd@equilibrio.qc.ca>
To: Simon Hausmann <shaus@neuro2.med.uni-magdeburg.de>
Subject: Kfm Tree vewi

Sorry to respond by direct e-mail but I'm not on the list ...

Simon> - the treeview. I like Torben's widget very much, but I think
Simon> we might consider extending it a little bit. A pure file
Simon> management treeview is ok, but IMHO we should re-organize the
Simon> tree structure a little bit. I don't really want to copy that
Simon> feature, but I actually always liked something like the
Simon> well-known

Simon>  ...
Simon>  My Computer
Simon>  |
Simon>  +--Root
Simon>     |
Simon>     +usr
Simon>     +var
Simon>     ......
Simon>  +--Trash
Simon>  |
Simon>  +--My Documents
Simon>  |
Simon>  +-- Mail

I've often thought it would be nice to have tree widgets for Bookmarks
and History as well so that a drop down list of the history or
bookmarks would appear in the tree widget on the left so one could
easily browse through the objects (web pages or directories or
"embedded views" of documents) and they would appear in the pane on
the right.

So maybe ...

Hostname

+--- Root