List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqy View Layout
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-21 3:27:50

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simon and me had a discussion on IRC about Konqys view layout structure
> and mainly itīs presentation to the user. Our goals were to make it as
> flexible as possible, but also as easy to understand as possible.
> What we came up so far:

I really need to get me a IRC client and start learning how to use it ... ;-)

> Menu options in the view menu:
> "Split View Vertical"
> "Split View Horizontal"
> "Split Window Vertical"
> "Split Window Horizontal"
> "Remove View"
>
> Where as "Split View ..." splits the current view, and "Split Window
> ..." splits the whole window.
>
> What do you think about this solution? Are this too many menu options?
> Is it intuitive enough?
> Comments, suggestions, critics welcome!

I have a question.  What is the difference between splitting the View and the
Window from the user's prespective ?  Does the user get two menu bars if s/he
chooses to split the window rather than the view ?   If not what is exactly
the difference between these two types of splitting options ?

Regrads,
Dawit A.