List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: .kde.html feature
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-19 13:16:52

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, David Faure wrote:
> Some people are using the .kde.html feature of kfm to do _wonderful_ things
> !
> Have a look at http://reno.cis.upenn.edu/~rahul/templatesystem/fordavid.html
Wow.  This is really a cool work ...

Yes, It was  Kurt Granroth <granroth@kde.org>.

> What was the improvement about ?
He hacked kdebase/kfm/kioslave/file.cpp to support a "global" .kde.html. Look
at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=92898750332340&w=2 for more info.

> About konqueror : some people will miss this feature it seems :))
> Wasn't there some ideas about how to put it back into konqy, even if
> a bit different (e.g. embedding an iconcontainer in a web page) ?
Yes,  there was a long discussion, but I do not know came out of it ( have
not played with konqy yet ...).  Here is the thread for that
http://lists.kde.org/?t=92887530500001&w=2&d=1&r=1.  Sorry I am too lazy to
summarize ...

> My memory is very tired it seems !

Regards,