List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: a "bad" kioslave will crash konqy
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-06-19 8:37:14

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Hm, let's see: The first time a KIOSlave is started in Konqueror, when
> opening an URL, is in KRun in libkio, for non-local urls (as it is the
> case of the pop protocol) .
> => Does a plain simple example application using KRun crash when using a
> "bad" ioslave? (I can't test it now, that's why I'm asking :)

I didn't actually test this, but I did a little bit of experimenting, and
found that for whatever reason, konqy crashes when I don't call ::mimeType
explicitly.  A little bit further exploring lead to the conclusion that a
mimetype of message/rfc822 crashes konqy.  I'm not quite sure why, but I
know this mimetype is only defined in the "magic" file....

The mind boggles.  Do I have outdated files?

- alex