List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: a "bad" kioslave will crash konqy
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-18 19:59:42

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Part of my testing of the pop3 ioslave is trying to figure out (apparently
> without copious documentation) how to get a directory index thingy to
> work, or just making sure that the ioslave works with konqy.  A rather
> nice way to reliably crash konqy is to fire up wmaker (probably works even
> with startkde), fire up konqy (w/out kded.. altho I assume kded is
> automagically launched), and then point konqy at
> pop://user:pass@host/headers/somenumber
>
> I've also noticed if the ioslave unexpectedly dies, konqy will follow.
> Sadly I can't get useable coredumps as of yet, so I don't have a backtrace
> (or the desire to run konqy under gdb).

Hm, let's see: The first time a KIOSlave is started in Konqueror, when
opening an URL, is in KRun in libkio, for non-local urls (as it is the
case of the pop protocol) .
=> Does a plain simple example application using KRun crash when using a
"bad" ioslave? (I can't test it now, that's why I'm asking :)

Ciao,
  Simon

--
Simon Hausmann       <hausmann@kde.org>