List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    kfm doesn't show size of non local files? )and other thoughts(
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-06-19 9:34:25

If you get a directory listing of file:/somedir, you'll see the filename
(size) and lastly file type when the mouse cursor hovers over the icon.

If you do this with any other directory listing (ftp or pop3) you'll get
just the url name.  This is kinda weird IMO, but I'm really not too
interested in touching konqy's sources until it calms down a bit.

Oh yeah, and how hard would it be to give icons a different name than the
filename part of their path part of the URI?  For instance I'd love to
give the icon for pop://alex:pass@redwood203.marin.k12.ca.us/3 the title
"Re: ncplib and 4.0-CURRENT".  Is this even remotely possible?

And lastly, how do I implement the properties page?  Any tips would be
quie welcomed.

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator