List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Zone allocator (KHTML)
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-06-11 2:02:43

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Yes, true. I could mmap myself but I don't know how portable that is.
> This will work for all platforms. I don't know if all malloc implementations
> start using mmap for larger blocks... do you know?

Isn't this what MAP_ANON is for?

     MAP_ANON    Map anonymous memory not associated with any specific file.
                 The file descriptor used for creating MAP_ANON must be -1.
                 The offset parameter is ignored.

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator