List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Clean up on kfm - need feedback
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-06-11 6:28:10

Hello,

I am cleaning up code redundancy and discrepancies in some features and/or
functionalities of kfm.  While doing this I encountered a couple of things that
could be easily be solved more than one way.  Hence I need help in resolving
one of them today ...

As it is today, "Copy/Paste" does not work the same way when invoked from the
popup menu as compared with under the regular menu ( Edit->Copy/Paste ).
While fixing this, I found that there is one feature difference between Copy
under Edit->Copy and RMB Copy. The "Copy" item under the popup menu allows a
user to copy the current or rather the background URL ( i.e. without selecting
anything ) while Edit->Copy does not.  Do people really use or need this
feature ??  I can implement this in my "cleaned up" code.  However,  there is
already a couple of other ways one can do this : go one directory up and copy
the needed URL OR even better go into the Location box and copy the URL....

Regards,
Dawit A.