List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: random kioslave thought....
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 5:03:47

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>> >My biggest problem is tracking down someone who has a working WebDAV
>> >client and server.  I think if anything this means tracking down a FP
>> >enabled server *shudder*.
>> Well you are in luck, you can find one at http://webdav.zope.org:2518/
>> and the announcement/press release here
>> http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-March/000160.html
>
>Hmm, I'll have to take a look at that.  I got one (www.fwi.com:8080) from
>the W3 web site, which seems to work (OPTIONS shows that it supports
>PROPFIND and the like), but not with MSIE5.

Don't quote me on it since I might be wrong,  but I think I read somewhere
yesterday that there was some problems with IE5.0's WebDAV implementation ???!

>> I have not tried it out but you might want to look at
sitecopy. I >> downloaded the code yesterday, but I have too much staff on my
TODO >> list.  You can find sitecopy here @ http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/ .
>> If you got through their FAQ site (
>> http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/dav.html ), they have a lot of good info
>> on this staff.  I learned quite a bit from it.
>
>Well, the reason I wanted to use MSIE as an example client, is because it
>partially did what I was looking for in that WebFolders treats a web site,
>as a local filesystem.  Sitecopy does not AFAIK, it just mirrors stuff.

There is one client done in Java ( have not tested it ) here
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~webdav/ .  Have you looked at that ?

[snipped]

Cheers,
Dawit A.