List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: random kioslave thought....
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 8:45:56

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> Don't quote me on it since I might be wrong, but I think I read
> somewhere yesterday that there was some problems with IE5.0's WebDAV
> implementation ???!

Well there are two (or three?) incompatable drafts floating around.  I'm
thinking there's two possibilities.  One is that the WebDAV server was
implementing an old draft (which I think was true, once I get mod_dav
working I'll test this out), MSIE5 implemented an old draft, or thirdly
they implemented a completely incompatable WebDAV (which wouldn't suprise
me).

> >Well, the reason I wanted to use MSIE as an example client, is because it
> >partially did what I was looking for in that WebFolders treats a web site,
> >as a local filesystem.  Sitecopy does not AFAIK, it just mirrors stuff.
>
> There is one client done in Java ( have not tested it ) here
> http://www.ics.uci.edu/~webdav/ .  Have you looked at that ?

Just looking at it now.  I'll have some time probably in a week to do some
work.  Until then, it's just brainstorming.

- alex