List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: OpenURL event (was Re: kdebase/konqueror)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-03-01 19:11:53

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote:
[...]
>> The reason why we choose events for "talking" _TO_ the view is that this way one
>> can install custom event filters (which is IMHO a very powerful tool) .
>
>... the questions are in fact :
>
>* how does one use event filters (tried to look in koffice but couldn't
>find a small example of it) ?

Have a look at the macro recorder, kocalc or the kom tutorials,
they all make use of event filtering.

>* will it help for our problem - especially if we don't create an instance
>of each possible view type right away at startup (see my post named
>"konqmainview discussion") ?

Hm, no. I think KfmRun is definetely the solution (if you mean the filtering
problem in regard of how to choose the right view for a certain url
(->mimetype) )

Greets,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

we have joy, we have fun, we have linux on our sun