List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: OpenURL event (was Re: kdebase/konqueror)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-03-01 22:31:45

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 08:11:53PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote:
> [...]
> >> The reason why we choose events for "talking" _TO_ the view is that this way one
> >> can install custom event filters (which is IMHO a very powerful tool) .
> >
> >... the questions are in fact :
> >
> >* how does one use event filters (tried to look in koffice but couldn't
> >find a small example of it) ?
>
> Have a look at the macro recorder, kocalc or the kom tutorials,
> they all make use of event filtering.

ok, thanks.

> >* will it help for our problem - especially if we don't create an instance
> >of each possible view type right away at startup (see my post named
> >"konqmainview discussion") ?
>
> Hm, no. I think KfmRun is definetely the solution (if you mean the filtering
> problem in regard of how to choose the right view for a certain url
> (->mimetype) )
Well, we agree on that (using KfmRun).

Then why use events for talking to the view ? I don't get it.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |