List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror issues
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-11 18:27:58

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 10:37:00PM +0100, Matthias Welk wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, you wrote:
> >Hello all.
> >
> >About konqueror : I added a class KfmGuiProps to store the properties that
> >where in KfmGui, but most of the props are in fact KfmView related.
> I also thought about it, but didnīt had the time to implement.
> Your changes made me headaches in the first moment, because it was the first
> time I got conflicts while merging different versions and had to solve that :-))
I know (I read the log on kde-cvs). I'm sorry. A "don't touch, I'm
changing the design" message should be sent (e.g. to kfm-devel) when one
of us is doing some big changes... I'll do that the next time.

> (Please excuse me for my bad english.)
Not so bad :)

> I vote for this. Letīs separate the properties, because views should know
> nothing about the core gui-properties.
Yup. Will do that. But not before tomorrow.

> By the way, need we really bDirTree ? I think it is replaced by the TreeView or
> isnīt ?
It is obsolete, I think, but it has to be replaced by 'which view this tree
is following', and, well, the following has to be implemented :)

> Why the user should restricted to one or two views and can split only
> vertically ?
> I wanted to implement it. The first step was to collect all view relevant props
> in one struct. Locally I had bShowDot and bShowImagePreview ... in the view
> struct, but as I got your changes I made the decission, to put these props in
> the KfmGuiProps for now, to avoid multiple storage of the same information.
Wow. Sorry then, my change was not as good as yours.
Is a struct a good idea ? I would prefer a class, so that it can save,
load, be easily duplicated, ...

> If we make the step from the program "kfm" to "konqueror", then we should
> rename the mailing-list to avoid other readers.
Which readers ? Not sure the name is important...

> Yes, Iīm subscribed to kfm-devel already :-)
Ok. This answer should have gone to kfm-devel, then. Cc'ing.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |