List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM Bugs (fwd)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-01-19 23:49:18

> Concerning SNAPSHOT 01/06/99

> -- Cursor keys do not work in icon selection from properties
>    dialog.
Who's in charge for KIconLoaderDialog ? Christoph Neerfeld ? CC'ed to him.

> -- Files with spaces in their names do not work correctly on
>    the Desktop. Files with Names like Name%20with%20space
>    are generated. Annoying.
Fixed already. (thanks Sven)
01/06/99 is 14 days ago...

> -- Some logfiles are shown with the JAVA-coffe-cup-icon. Strange.
Not here. Anybody experiencing this ?

> -- When the panel is hidden on startup, the desktop icons are
>    placed as if the panel was non-existent. Thus, when the panel
>    is re-displayed, some icons are obscured.
Is this a bug ? If you want a panel, the icons don't go under it,
but if you don't want it - at all, you want them to go under it.
So if you show/hide the panel, then it covers the icon. Normal.
I don't think a user would expect the icons being moved automatically
after he spent 15 minutes organising them ! :))

> -- Thumbnail preview for jpeg images seems to be shaeded slightly
>    yellow. (This is not really a bug, but somehow odd.)
Can't reproduce it. At least not in kdebase/pics/wallpapers, where there
are lots of jpeg files. A number-of-colors problem ?

> -- KView starts up in an unusual size. IMHO it should start in
>    the image's size, and, if the screen is to small, resize the
>    image to fit the screen.
I know kview has been a bit fixed about this. Is it completely fixed ?

> -- Underlining should be individually configurable for filenames
>    and the HTML-Browser.
Ah, good point.
Anybody else wants this ?  :)

> -- The icon and the miniicon of kfm should change when it is
>    displaying a web page.
Hum, I couldn't even get a new icon from Thorsten for
Settings/Desktop/Desktop Icons, nor for Settings/Applications/Configure browser.
When this last one has an icon, I shall think about this feature
request. Not before :))

> BTW, the new kfm is great work -- I already use it on my
> production machine -- so keep up!
Thanks.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |