List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Webdav + Zope
From:       Paul Everitt <paul () zope ! com>
Date:       2002-03-31 14:45:36

Carsten--

Thanks for the response, it's pretty educational.  The subject of core
metadata is one that interests me.  Do you have URL to something that
describes the approach KDE will take in the future?

MS has a little bit of a metadata model above the file level in the COM
structured storage format, I believe.  They are beginning to expose it
more and more.  For instance, they provide a shell extension for their
Sharepoint Server that lets you view and change rich properties on
remote objects through Explorer.

In the world of KDE, will Koffice etc. have or be encouraged to have
core metadata that will be widely visible in things like Konqueror views
or File-Properties?

--Paul