List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Preliminary webdav support in kio_http
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-31 23:49:31

On Monday 31 December 2001 01:46 am, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> Hi Waldo,
>
> I'm using KMail - strange. I sent the patch as a bzip2 to kfm-devel and
> read it back myself ok. I might be using a bad build... kmail won't quote
> original emails when I press reply, as you can see below...

Must have been a bad kmail day :-]

> I've posted a more up-to-date version on
> http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~meddie/patches/

Ah cool, looks good.

Some remarks:
* Does it need to have it's own "webdav" protocol? Can't it just be used for
http in general?

* You define the dtd as a static QString, better define it simply as const
char * and create a QString from it in the constructor. (Or when first used)

* There is code like:
          data( m_bufReceive );
          if ( dataInternal )
            m_intData += m_bufReceive;

I don't think that such internal data should be sent back to the application
should it? E.g. I would rather expect something like:
if (dataInternal)
   m_intData += m_bufReceive;
else
  data(m_bufReceive);