List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror & flash - problems
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-12-18 5:19:36

Hi!
> CVS sources ?
Yes, HEAD branch. Updated almost daily.
> Which version of the flash plugin ?
The one currently downloadable from MM site (somthing like 5.0.r47 or what).
> Please.... make precise reports.
OKOK, sorry...
www.mobil.cz. I need to kill at least 3x to complete the page.
> Everything works fine here, AFAICS.
I suppose it. It's something local but I can't find what. Just now I upgraded
lesstif (which is linked by nspluginviewer) to the current (0.93.15), formerly
there was 0.91.xx but I can't see a difference.
> I just upgraded from flash4 to flash5, no problems.
Happy man :-)

... this mail was postponed overnight and just now i did more experimenting ...

I did some espionage on nspluginviewer: caught his stderr to the file and I
see a very suspicious thing at the very end of the file, just before it hangs:

nspluginviewer (plugin): NSPluginInstance::requestURL \
url=http://channel.mobil.cz/flash/Siemens_BlueGate_CDB.swf target= notify=(nil) \
nspluginviewer (plugin): <- NSPluginClass::NewInstance = 0x80f6020 nspluginviewer \
(Qt/Xt): <- socketCallback nspluginviewer (plugin): looking for waiting requests
nspluginviewer (plugin): request found
nspluginviewer (plugin): Starting new stream \
                http://channel.mobil.cz/flash/Siemens_BlueGate_CDB.swf
nspluginviewer: getting http://channel.mobil.cz/flash/Siemens_BlueGate_CDB.swf
kpac: KPACDiscovery::tryDiscovery(): trying DHCP

WHAT THE HELL MEANS THE LAST LINE ??? What DHCP ? My system is permanently
connected over the ISDN line, it has a _static IP address_ (even serves as a
router for my local LAN), DNS is fully working, even RIPE knows about my
addresses and this little thing decides to start DHCP! :-) :-) :-)
Of course it hangs because there is no DHCP on my network...

                                                  With regards, Pavel Troller